Why Is Software As A Service Important?
Software is a set of instructions in the form of codes that tell the computer what to do and how to do it. They are the countless programs and hundreds of lines of coding. It is known as a service when it acts as a helpful tool and benefits everyone.
SaaS is a method of providing applications and services via the cloud. Employees can log on from anywhere and any compatible device to access the applications. The real applications are made in the cloud servers.
The main difference between SaaS application and software installations is that SaaS applications and services are installed on the employee computer, while desktop applications are installed on the server.
In SaaS operated applications and services, the server handles all storage and interface requirements associated with an update or upgrade of the application software, requiring support from the user's hardware.
Leveraging the power of artificial intelligence, which is set to be a $733.7 billion industry by 2027 (source), it is no surprise that cloud-based computation, SaaS is the next vital element in any organization.
What Does 'As a Service' Mean?
The user owns the application, uses it, and then subscribes to a service package through the server. Similarly, software providers maintain databases, servers, and storage requirements for SaaS models. Thus, it becomes a service rather than a product.
Experts predict that investments and the value of SaaS will increase by 23.3% by 2022. (source)
Why Should you Choose SaaS?
SaaS applications can be accessed through a web browser or any other compatible interface. However, there are other reasons as well, which indicate the advantages of going with SaaS.
- It does not require updates or installations.
- The scalability of the applications of the SaaS is wide and huge.
- Easy to use interfaces make it user friendly and helpful in the on-boarding of the employees seamlessly.
- The application and data are accessible only by employees, and there is an extra layer of compliance and security for the organization.
- SaaS applications are compatible with all models and operating systems and can be accessed with any compatible device.
- SaaS offers a competitive edge in the security industry.
- SaaS does not require extensive hardware.
- SaaS applications are tailored to the needs of the organization and easily customizable.
- Ownership of the cloud data belongs to the users and can be exported anytime with proper encryption.
- SaaS saves a huge amount of storage space. And in 2022, SaaS will generate close to $141 billion. (source)
Some examples of SaaS-based services:
There are multiple examples, from chatbots to automated service desks, which provide immense functionality and advantages to the organizations, adding value to the employee experience and productivity. By 2021, organizations will be using all or mostly SaaS solutions. (source)
SaaS provides an alternative to the traditional software installation procedures with multiple benefits to the employees.
With Gartner predicting, the SaaS industry is going boom into $143.7 billion by 2022. (source)
Learn more about chatbots with this piece of writing and further increase the understanding. Click Here