Top 5 Jira Service Management Alternatives: Which One is Right for You
IT Service Management (ITSM) is the backbone of many organizations, providing essential support and structure for managing the procedures and technologies that constitute IT services.
Jira service management by Atlassian is popular among various enterprise IT management platforms. With it, Dev and Ops teams can collaborate quickly and efficiently, allowing them to respond to business demands and provide better customer and employee experiences.
However, some users might seek Jira service management competitors despite its capabilities. Some common issues faced by customers are:
- It is non-customizable
- Lacks recovery options
- Limited upload size
- Won't copy Request types' configurations from one project to another
- Limited mobile functionality
- Can be costly
- Can't bulk close tickets
- Can't hide forms in tickets/portals
- Can't migrate configuration changes from Dev to Prod
If these issues are a non-starter for you or your organization, it might be time to look into competitor platforms that can address these specific concerns. In this article, we dive into Jira service desk alternatives that have the features it may lack. Some ticketing tools like Jira include Rezolve.ai, Freshservice, SolarWinds, ServiceNow IT Service Management, and ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus.
Top 5 Jira Service Management Alternatives
Rezolve.ai is a popular Jira service desk alternative. It is an advanced AITSM solution deployed through Microsoft Teams. Employing AI-backed automation, it automates employee support by auto resolving employee tickets and queries faster and more accurately than traditional service desks and chatbot-integrated ticketing systems.
- GenAI-enabled IT Service Desk: Employees can access the GenAI-enabled service desk on MS Teams via chatbot for help with company policy documents, employee handbooks, software installation, and more — all within the Teams chat interface. It eliminates the need for emails, calls, and portals.
- GenAI-enabled Knowledg Management: While Jira and other virtual service desks improve continuously based on information from various sources, Rezolve.ai goes a step further — it includes knowledge transfer from SharePoint and websites and GenAI-based knowledge curation.
- No-Code Automation: Rezolve.ai provides task automation, process/workflow automation, employee onboarding/offboarding, out-of-the-box automation, low code/no-code automation studio, and desktop automation. But what sets it apart is that Rezolve.ai uses its orchestrater, unlike Jira, which uses the process automation engine of ITSM.
- Conversational Ticketing: Rezolve.ai harnesses GenAI to create tickets, assign them to the right agent, and send notifications as tickets progress through the pipeline. However, Jira service management does not offer conversational access to knowledge, conversational ticket creation, surveys, and approvals.
- Modern Dashboards and Reporting: This ticketing system, like Jira, provides an up-to-date dashboard to IT support agents that offers complete visibility into service-level agreements (SLAs) and service delivery. This dashboard enables agents to make informed decisions for swift resolution.
- Security: While Rezolve.ai offers SOC 2 Type 2, ISO 270001, GDPR, and IP restriction, Jira's protection features are standard but lacking in comparison. For instance, while it provides SOC 2 Type 2 and ISO 270001, it reportedly lacks IP restriction and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This can lead to security vulnerabilities as it allows unrestricted access from any IP address.
- Exceptional employee service and implementation support
- Intuitive and customizable interface
- Improved agent productivity due to agile knowledge base
- AI-enabled for intelligent diagnosis and resolution
- Effective task orchestration reducing resolution times
- Integration with various enterprise software enhancing service management capabilities
- No portal for users to sign in and access
You can contact the sales team for a quote.
Freshservice, Freshworks' IT Service Management platform, is designed to improve IT operations and internal customer support in small and midsize organizations. It uses ITIL practices such as change and release management to ensure SLA compliance for managed service providers.
- Automation: Common and repetitive tasks can be streamlined through time and event-triggered automation. It reduces redundant efforts and speeds up ticket resolution times.
- Service Catalog: Unlike Jira, Freshservice provides a well-organized service catalog, making it easier for users to find and request the IT services they need.
- Asset Management: Comprehensive asset management allows tracking and managing company-owned assets within the same tool, providing a clearer picture of IT infrastructure.
- Integrations: With a broad range of third-party integrations, Freshservice fits seamlessly into various IT ecosystems without locking into a particular set of tools or platforms.
- App Consolidation: A unified portal for requests means that service management can be cohesively managed across different business functions, not just IT.
- Less costly in comparison to Ivanti and ServiceNow
- Exceptional customer support
- Lacks out-of-the-box Level 1 IT knowledge
- Knowledge ingestion from Sharepoint is missing
- No GenAI-based knowledge curation
Freshdesk offers a variety of pricing options ranging from a free plan to $119 per agent per month.
SolarWinds Service Desk, formerly Samanage Service Platform, offers a cloud-based service desk and IT asset management solution. Its design follows ITSM standards and incorporates automation, AI, and machine learning to simplify IT support and facilitate employee self-service. It also provides data-driven insights to improve your service management continuously.
- Incident Management: Manage the entire lifecycle of incidents from reporting to resolution, ensuring minimal impact on business operations.
- Change Management: Automate change requests and approvals to minimize risk and protect IT infrastructure.
- Problem Management: Identify and address the root causes of incidents, reducing recurring issues and enhancing service quality.
- Knowledge Base: Author and publish articles in an easily searchable knowledge database to assist end users and IT staff.
- SLA Management: Ensure service level agreements are met with integrated SLA tracking and reporting capabilities.
- The UI is simple to understand.
- Assigning agents and tracking progress are relatively more straightforward.
- Asset Management has a dated look/functionality
- Integration capabilities can be improved
- Uses the process automation engine of ITSM and not its orchestrater
SolarWinds offers different pricing plans for various products within its suite. 30-day free plans are available across all price points, allowing you to test the product before committing.
- Essentials: $39 per month per agent, billed annually
- Advanced: $79 per month per agent, billed annually
- Premier: $99 per month per agent, billed annually
ServiceNow IT Service Management
ServiceNow IT Service Management is a comprehensive cloud solution designed to automate and optimize IT service management operations.
ServiceNow ITSM aligns with ITIL best practices and offers scalability for large organizations, integrating a range of IT service management capabilities to boost efficiency and enhance service delivery.
The adoption of ServiceNow ITSM has led to significant improvements in workflow, with centralization of processes reducing silos across departments. The platform's intelligent automation capabilities enable IT teams to offload routine tasks and focus on higher-priority work.
- Single Data Model: Eliminate information barriers with a unified structure, ensuring all IT processes are harmonized on one platform.
- Cloud Services: Leverage the full potential of cloud computing with robust cloud service management that streamlines operations and improves delivery speed.
- Continuous Improvement: Benefit from ongoing updates and an agile approach to service management, allowing for rapid adaptation to evolving business needs.
- User Experience: Provide an exceptional user interface that enhances end-user and IT staff interaction with the platform.
- Performance Analytics: Gain insights into performance metrics and identify trends to drive informed decision-making and continual service improvement.
- The tool is highly scalable, therefore meeting the needs of a growing team
- The tool is cloud-based
- Reporting tools are relatively less powerful
- The knowledge base isn't as comprehensive
ServiceNow ITSM offers a tiered pricing structure that is quote-based, depending on the needs and scale of the organization. Prospective customers need to contact ServiceNow for a personalized quote.
ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus
ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus is a comprehensive IT help desk software that helps businesses manage and resolve IT ticket requests. It offers ticketing capability, asset management, IT project management, account management, reporting and analytics, and more. It also supports ITIL best practices to streamline IT service workflows and can be deployed on-premises and in the cloud.
- IT Asset Management: Track and manage assets throughout their lifecycle, ensuring optimal utilization and compliance.
- Multi-Channel Support: Offer support through various channels such as email, web, chat, and phone, enriching customer service communication.
- Automation: Streamline daily tasks with customizable workflow automation, saving time for IT teams and improving response time.
- Service Catalog: Design and publish a tailored service catalog, simplifying the process for users to request IT services.
- Project Management: Plan, track, and execute IT projects with in-built project management tools, enabling effective coordination.
- Offers ease of implementation and installation
- Provides desktop Central integration is commendable
- Security can be an issue as it lacks IP restriction
- Configuring asset modules can be challenging
- SSO authentication needs improvement
ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus offers a straightforward, transparent pricing model with annual subscription and perpetual licensing options. The company provides a fully functional 30-day trial. Its ITSM plans are:
- Standard (IT help desk): Starts from US$ 10 per technician per month
- Professional (IT help desk + asset): Starts from US$ 21 per technician per month
- Enterprise (IT help desk + asset + change + projects): Starts from US$ 50 per technician per month
Amp up Your IT Operations with Rezolve.ai
If you are looking for unparalleled customer support along with an innovative approach to AI, Rezolve.ai stands out among the sea of enterprise ITSM software.
Here's what makes it stand out:
- GenAI: A state-of-the-art AI advisor that resolves complex IT issues within minutes.
- MS Teams Integration: Seamlessly collaborate with your team using MS Teams, providing real-time solutions.
- Agile Knowledge Management: Empower your team with a knowledge base that learns and evolves with every interaction.
- No Code Automation Studio: Design and deploy automated IT workflows without prior coding knowledge, saving time and improving efficiency.
If you want to learn more about how Rezolve.ai enables advanced IT service management and improves your support capabilities, sign up for a personalized demo here.
1. What is the difference between Jira Service Management and Rezolve.ai?
Jira Service Management is a robust IT service management tool that offers various functionalities such as incident, problem, and change management. On the other hand, Rezolve.ai focuses primarily on utilizing artificial intelligence to streamline and automate IT service desk operations, with features like chatbots for automatic ticket resolution.
2. Is Jira Service Management an ITSM tool?
Atlassian Jira Service Management is an ITSM tool designed for IT and service operations. It provides a suite of features that adhere to ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) standards, supporting processes like service requests, incident management, and continuous service improvement.
3. How to choose the right ITSM solution for your company?
When choosing an ITSM solution, consider factors such as the size of your organization, the complexity of your IT processes, your team's technical expertise, integration capabilities with existing tools, scalability, and budget. Look for tools that align with your IT strategy and offer the flexibility to adapt to changing business needs. Read reviews, request demos, and consider pilot programs to ensure the tool fits your environment.