What Happens When You Adopt Microsoft Teams In Your Enterprise?
Hardly anyone could have predicted that the entire world would be working from home in a matter of a few months. One of the many powerful impacts of the global pandemic was the increasing adoption of working away from dedicated workplaces. You must be aware of Microsoft Teams, Zoom and Slack's mammoth adoption as employees become more comfortable working from home.
It's no surprise that the number of professionals using online collaboration tools has skyrocketed. According to a Connect Solutions survey, 77% of professionals working away from their offices reported greater productivity when they worked off-site! And tools like these have played a vital role in this.
The Rise in Microsoft Teams Adoption
Over the past year, many organizations have started to use Microsoft's popular collaboration platform – Microsoft Teams.
By March 2020, the daily active users of Microsoft Teams amounted to 44 million. During the pandemic, the adoption increased at an astronomical rate, pushing the number of daily active users to 115 million by October 2020, according to Microsoft's Q1 2021 Earnings report.
According to a report by VentureBeat, the number of organizations using Microsoft Teams went from 50,000 in 2017 to 200,000 in 2020.
These numbers showcase how companies are adopting new ways to connect with their employees who are not physically present at the office.
Looking at the amount of Microsoft Teams adoption in the last few months, it seems like users have got the hang of working remotely at their own pace and convenience.
Impact of Microsoft Teams Adoption in Your Enterprise
If your employees are reporting higher productivity without commuting daily to the office and getting to perform all tasks from a single virtual collaborative platform, it is natural to assume that this trend is not fading away anytime soon. Let us have a look at the impact of implementing Microsoft Teams within your organization.
- Instant Messaging: Implementing Microsoft Teams will help the employees within your organizations to interact with each other via instant messaging. Whether it is one-to-one communication or messaging in groups, such collaborative platforms allow users to stay connected like any other messaging app. Instant messaging helps you clear the unwanted email clutter. Instead of dealing with long email threads that take forever to end, your employees can drop messages and have conversations on a real-time basis.
- AI-based Employee Support: In an organization, having one-on-one conversations is never enough. When needed, employees might want to communicate with the organization (and vice versa) to solve employee issues. The solution to this problem lay in integrating with an AI-based employee service desk.
- For example, Rezolve.ai integrates within MS Teams and provides its users with a service desk that is automated and powered by artificial intelligence. This has made it possible for every single user to obtain seamless employee support in real-time. All they need to do is log into their systems and add a query. The system understands the problem, considers their conversational history, scans the knowledge base, and provides a satisfactory answer.
- Rezolve.ai, the AI-powered employee service desk built within Microsoft Teams, helps users raise automated tickets, obtain personalized solutions, avail of microlearning skills, learn processes specific to the business, and get in touch with the right agent and auto-resolve the employee query.
- Online Meetings: From employee interviews to board meetings, the importance of virtual video interactions has significantly increased in the last few months. Microsoft Teams allows you to host and be a part of virtual meetings where you and your employees can interact in a smooth and hassle-free way.
- Microsoft Teams aims at optimizing your entire meeting lifecycle. Before you start, the platform helps you share the meeting details, send invites, and access notes/recordings of earlier meetings. During the session, Microsoft Teams allows you to share content in real-time, take notes, and record the meeting. After the meeting, you can easily share them with your team members, follow up in chats, and schedule your next meeting.
- Moreover, Microsoft Teams provides you with audio conferencing options (using mobile numbers) and conducting live events with up to 10,000 participants.
- Streamlined Phone Calls: Microsoft Teams allows you to connect with your team members over a phone call through Teams, Outlook, or your mobile device. You can update your availability status on the platform for others to know whether you are on another call. Through Auto Attendant's feature, users can answer inbound calls and route them to the appropriate queues via a cloud-based phone system.
- Also, users can route their calls based on language, time zone, and availability. Moreover, users can keep using their existing telecommunication providers by connecting their Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) with Microsoft Teams. This helps you in streamlining audio communication within your organization.
- Easy and Efficient Collaboration: Staying true to the identity of being a collaborative platform, Microsoft Teams allows you to stay connected with all your team members and senior management on a centralized platform. The platform enables you to keep all your files and documents organized based on the nature of data and its use for carrying out specific processes.
- Using the "Together" mode during a team meeting, users can have a more engaging experience with all the participants involved. Being a part of the Microsoft 360 Suite, Microsoft Teams makes it easy for the users to collaborate with other Office platforms like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and many more, making document management and organizational communication even more efficient.
The Final Word
We live in an age where digital communication has almost taken over traditional physical communication. Virtual collaborative platforms like Microsoft Teams are built to optimize virtual communication and make it even more efficient than physical interactions.
With Microsoft Teams implemented within your organization, your employees can obtain personalized and automated support, deliver instant messages, engage in streamlined audio and video calls, and collaborate with the entire team (including global participants) with a few simple clicks!