Updating an existing open ticket
Updating an existing open ticket can involve:
- Changing the Subject of the ticket
- Changing the Description of the ticket
- Changing ticket properties such as Domain, Category, Subcategory.
- Changing the “Assigned To” field.
- Changing of the “Requested For”.
- Updating Status of the ticket using workflow buttons.
1. Open the ticket that you want to update from the ticketing list by clicking on the ticket number.
Note: Ticketing list is the list of all tickets in your queues and can be accessed by Ticket Mgmt -> My Tickets.
2. Make update
- Update the desired field and click on Update Ticket from top right.
- If your only change was adding a Note, click “Back to Ticket List” or “Cancel”
- If you wish to update the status of the ticket, click on the status workflow button available on the top right just next to the Update Ticket button.
3. The ticket you just updated will be available on the very top based on the filter -Last created/updated on the top
4. If you did some changes and would like to discard them before saving, please click on Cancel from the top right just next to the workflow button.