Finding the Perfect Fit: Unraveling Freshservice Pricing and Plans
Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) ensures that your organizational IT structure is functioning seamlessly. It streamlines operations, protects the IT infrastructure from potential disruptions and enhances productivity. This is what makes organizations looking for enhanced efficiency, move towards ITSM tools to meet the needs of the evolving digital-first era.
Freshservice is one such ITSM tool that aims to help organizations transcend traditional IT challenges and foster an agile approach to service delivery. To manage the intricacies of digital transformation and establish a robust IT infrastructure, tools like Freshservice become pivotal.
But, is Freshservice worth it? Let’s find out in this comprehensive guide.
We will learn about its pricing structures, features and if Freshservice is worth spending on.
What is Freshservice?
Freshservice is an ITSM solution developed by Freshworks. It is designed to help organizations manage their IT services and support them in streamlining their operations. It offers a wide range of features to facilitate tasks like problem management, incident and change management, asset management and more. It comes with AI and automation capabilities to help employees with easy-to-use ITSM solutions that are integrated with MS Teams and Slack.
Features of Freshservice
Freshservice ITSM comes with the following features:
1. Integrated Service Channels: This feature streamlines communication by consolidating communication channels creating a unified platform. It provides a single channel for employees to interact with IT support teams. It integrates with MS Teams and Slack, offering seamless support for deflecting tickets and encouraging self-service.
2. Incident Management: This feature helps manage any unplanned disruptions which allows your IT team to identify, log and resolve incidents. It helps in restoring service operations and minimizes impact on business using AI.
3. Service Request Management: This simplifies submitting service requests for IT services. It offers a service catalog for end users to self-serve and uses workflow automation to speed up the service request fulfillment process. It creates a systematic process of categorized issues, contributing to a seamless service delivery.
4. Problem management: This feature helps the IT team find the root cause of recurring problems and find solutions to them. It leverages automation to find rapid remedies to issues and prevent future similar incidents. This helps reduce the frequency of disruptions and create a reliable IT infrastructure.
5. Change and Release Management: This feature facilitates planned change management in the IT environment from approval to implementation, everything. It pulls contextual information from CMDB and the service desk to manage, plan and leverage change automation to speed up the change process.
6. Workload management: This optimizes workload management by providing a complete view of workload assigned to teams and managers. It ensures tasks are assigned based on expertise and capacity. You can track the availability of team members to plan incoming projects for easy workload management and timely delivery.
Freshservice comes with 4 pricing plans
1. Starter Plan
For starting out
Price: ₹1,399/agent/month, billed annually; ₹2,099/agent/month, billed monthly
- Incident Management
- Knowledge Base
- Self-Service Portal
- SLA Management
- Workflow Automator
- ServiceBot on Microsoft Teams and Slack
- Access Controls
- Analytics Starter
- Multiple Portal Languages
- Custom SSL
- Marketplace Apps
- Mobile Apps
- 1000 Orchestration transactions/mo/account
2. Growth Plan
For growing businesses across their LOBs
Price: ₹3,599/agent/month, billed annually; ₹4,299/agent/month, billed monthly
- Includes everything in Starter plan
- Service Catalog
- Asset Management (Includes 100 managed assets)
- Purchase Order Management
- Employee Onboarding
- On-call Management
- Portal Customization
- MSP Mode
- Multiple SLAs
- Business Rules
- Approval Workflows
- Business Hours
- Cloud Management
- 2000 Orchestration transactions/mo/account
3. Pro Plan
ITSM + ITOM + Project Management for large organizations
Price: ₹6,999/agent/month, billed annually; ₹8,599/agent/month, billed monthly
- Includes everything in Growth and additional:
- Freddy Copilot ADD-ON
- Freddy insights ADD-ON
- Problem Management
- Change Management
- Release Management
- Project Management
- SaaS Management ADD-ON
- Software License Management
- Contract Management
- Major Incident Management
- Status Page
- Alert Management
- Service Health Monitoring
- Analytics Pro
- Team Dashboards
- IP Range Restrictions
- 5000 Orchestration transactions/mo/account
- Workload Management
- Custom Objects
4. Enterprise Plan
Service management solution for enterprises
Price: ₹8,799/agent/month, billed annually; ₹10,799/agent/month, billed monthly
- Includes everything in Pro and additional:
- ServiceBot With Virtual Agent on Microsoft Teams and Slack BETA
- Audit Logs
- 20,000 Orchestration transactions/mo/account
Pros and Cons of Freshservice
Even though Freshservice is a popular tool, it has its own advantages and disadvantages. We have listed some of the user pointed pros and cons below to help you understand its usefulness for your organization.
- Easy to deal with large number of tickets which helps in improving response time
- Easy to use and intuitive UI
- The ticket management system is good and works best with workflow automation
- It offers a large number of features at fair price
- The initial setup is complex and non-intuitive and requires support guide to do the setup
- Users report the need for the tool to be more adaptable and offer more useful features for task automation and creating custom fields.
- The tool has confusing category names and labels that makes it difficult to perform simple tasks like converting issues to change requests which leads to recreation of the entire task. Transferring tickets from one instance to another is difficult.
- Mobile app is a let down according to users as it doesn’t have a dashboard, making it difficult to look up ticket queues.
- The knowledge base requires refinement. According to users, you cannot create more than 2 category levels
- It only integrates with some other tools
- Customer Support services need improvement. Users also feel the need of on site support services for better product understanding.
Alternative that offers better features than Freshservice
While Freshservice pricing is competitive, it clearly lacks the capability to go in detail when trying to solve your problems. For any organization, ITSM plays a crucial role and requires a huge investment. Which means that you need alternatives to compare Freshservice and find out if it is really worth it for you to invest in it. Let’s check out one such alternative–Rezolve.ai.
What is Rezolve.ai?
Rezolve.ai is a GenAI powered AITSM that aims to alleviate your IT support services by seamlessly blending in your ticketing and employee support operations. It is deployed via MS Teams to help employees with personalized and instant assistance. It offers advanced automation features and auto-resolves 65% of employee queries saving time and effort of both employees and IT teams. It is one good alternative to Freshservice and traditional service desks.
Key Features of Rezolve.ai
GenAI powered service desk: ChatGPT-like chatbot on MS Teams replaces the traditional emails, calls, etc., with easy-to-use chat inside the familiar interface of MS Teams.
1. GenAI-enabled knowledge management: The GenAI-enabled knowledge management trains itself using website, SharePoint folders, PDFs, URLs, and offline documents, creating a robust knowledge base for users enabling self-service.
2.No-code Process orchestration: Rezolve.ai simplifies your support processes by automating everything from employee onboarding to project management software configuration, software installation, password resetting, and others.
3. Conversational ticketing: The GenAI-powered ticketing system works on MS Teams as a conversational bot. You can create a ticket by requesting it in the chat itself. It is auto-assigned to the right agent and pushes notifications as the ticket matures through the pipeline.
4. Human-in-the-loop live chat: The live chat support helps auto-resolve queries and allows intervention from service desk agents upon user request. It auto-summarizes the chat and creates tickets for you.
5. Desktop automation: Rezolve.ai automates routine tasks like software installation, cache cleaning, troubleshooting, new laptop setup and many more.
6. Modern dashboard and reporting: You get a modern dashboard offering a comprehensive view of service delivery and SLAs and robust reporting features.
7. Multilingual and multi-department platform: Rezolve.ai supports multiple languages and works within multiple departments, creating a cohesive platform within MS Teams for issue resolution.
8. Incident management, change management, problem management: Rezolve.ai offers all the features required for a seamless management of problems, change and incidents that impact the functioning of your IT environment.
Pricing plans of Rezolve.ai are provided upon request.
Rezolve.ai VS Freshservice
Freshservice is a fine tool with features that can help you streamline your process. But it comes with shortfalls that cannot be neglected.
At times when the world is running on modern technologies, it lacks to capitalize on them. Rezolve.ai on the other hand is backed by GenAI and leverages its power to help you automate many routine tasks; make ticketing extremely easy and push self-service among employees through GenAI-enabled knowledge base.
To try for yourself, how Rezolve.ai is a better alternative to Freshservice, take a demo today!
1. Is Freshservice free?
Freshservice offers a free trial, but it is only partially free with limited features and fucntionalities. The pricing depends on the plan and features you choose.
2. What is Freshservice used for?
Freshservice is a cloud-based ITSM platform designed to streamline IT operations. It helps manage and automate IT tasks, handle service requests, track assets, and enhance overall IT efficiency.
3. How many assets can you have in Freshservice?
Your number of assets in Freshservice depends on your subscription plan. Higher-tier plans typically offer more significant asset management capabilities. Contact the sales team for the details of each plan Freshservice offers to determine the asset limits.
4. What's the difference between Freshdesk and Freshservice?
Freshdesk and Freshservice are both products of Freshworks, but they serve different purposes. Freshdesk is a customer support and helpdesk solution focusing on ticketing, customer communication, and issue resolution. Freshservice is an ITSM tool tailored for IT teams, covering asset management, incident tracking, change management and other IT-related functions.