Add a Note to a Ticket
1. Open the ticket that you want to update from the ticketing list by clicking on the ticket number.
Note: Ticketing list is the list of all tickets in your queues and can be accessed by Ticket Mgmt -> My Tickets or by Searching for the ticket number in the search field.
2. Scroll down to the Note section
3. Add your Note
4. Select your note type
- Public Notes - These notes are visible to everyone who can view the ticket. Agents can use this note to notify the end-user.
- Internal Notes - These notes are only visible to Agents. Internal notes can be used for internal communications when you don't want to notify the end-user.
- Chase Notes - These notes are only visible to Agents when a chase note is added, it sends an email to the Assigned Agent and the Supervisor of the Assigned Agent. This can be used when the end-user contacts the support team for an update or further assistance on an existing ticket but the agent (currently speaking with the end-user) is unable to to provide either.
- Resolution Notes - To resolve a ticket in a gif Agents can add a Resolution Note. When a Resolution Note is added it notifies the end-user, moves tickets to 'Resolved' state, and brings Agent to the ticket list screen.
5. Click on:
- ‘Save & Notify Requester’ (when note type is Public)
- ‘Save’ (when note type is Internal)
- ‘Save & Escalate’ (when note type is Chase)
- 'Save & Mark Resolved’ (when note type is Resolution)
6. Click Update when you are done making any changes